Ideal for those writers with a strong command of the English language, confident in their subject matter and believe their copy is ready for publishing. I will:
- Correct any typographical errors, such as spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, font face inconsistencies, or unnecessary whitespace.
- Ensure consistency of format, while leaving the writing style and tone of voice intact.
- Make sure the document structure is correct, including table of contents, indices, page numbers, etc.
- Check the page layout for inconsistencies in items like images, graphs, captions, and footnotes.
If you manage a team of writers with distinct voices, are less confident in your writing style, or feel your copy is not quite ready for publication at this stage, this is for you! I will not only perform all the tasks as listed in the proofreading service above, but also:
- Suggest amendments or removals for clarity, overuse of jargon, language which may offend or discussion of subjects that are inappropriate for your publication.
- Ensure the structure is clear, logical and flows well.
- Suggest rewrites in case of wordiness, or inconsistencies in tone of voice and writing style.
- Fully check all facts, including names, titles, websites, companies, dates, measurements, conversions and other data.
Whichever service you choose, you can be sure I will never change anything without your agreement. I use the Track Changes feature in Microsoft Word to ensure a full audit trail of my work, and you will always have the final say!